View Single Post
Old 2017-04-29, 04:13 AM   #30
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
Not all webhosts like to deal with these scripts and do put up obstacles like not letting you create databases or add users.
That is one of the best definitions of a "bad host" that I have heard. Anyone using this type of host should simply change hosts. Anyone using this kind of hosts who does not change, deserves whatever shit that causes them later on!

And the only time I have ever had a script do really bad things it was a bought script. I had a "email your friends and tell them about this site" script on one of my non-adult sites. Because it was a commercially available script, someone had bought a copy and disassemble it to work out how to use it to send spam. They then set up their own program to spam people via my website, the host got spam complaints and, assuming it was me doing the spamming, disabled the entire domain. That finally put me off ever using bought scripts again. The extra work writing the script myself is worth it for the peace of mind in knowing that won't happen again.

P.S. It is so long since we've had a two page thread, I did not see these posts until just now. Didn't think to look for page two!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote