View Single Post
Old 2014-03-05, 05:15 PM   #43
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Quick note to make sure the point is clear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
... Google expects you to have a certain amount of nofollow links out there pointing to your site. If you don't, you'll have an unnatural link profile and may get slammed by some part of their algorithm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoneMistress View Post
Yeah, it took me awhile to figure out that they expect you to have some nofollow links on your pages.
Emphasis in quotes above added by me.

Yes, it's also important to use the nofollow attribute in certain kinds of links on your own site's pages.

However, the thing I want to be clear about is that you need to have links with the nofollow attribute in them pointing to your site from other people's sites.

Depending on your link profile the nofollow attribute should be in at least 2% of those links, but could go up to 5% or even 10-15% for some sites. And many of those kinds of links can be the ones with exact match anchors that otherwise can stack up too high and hurt you.

Okay, moving from the general to the specific for a minute...

Looking at your site, there seems to be almost 9% nofollow links, which is probably more than twice what you need. Also, the site appears to have about 1,200 backlinks, but over 900 of them are from just three domains with the other 300 spread over only 60 or so other domains.

Your keyword density for "cheap phone sex" is a little high on your main page. It used to be okay to be near 5% (like you are now), but today it's better to get it down to around 3-4%. Also, the exact match domain (EMD) penalty algorithm could be working against you, as those keywords also appear a lot more times in the page's underlying code and in a lot (too many) of the incoming links to your EMD site.

I haven't looked too closely at the free sites on your domain, but I did notice that some of the URLs are your domain with a directory like /phonesex/ plus a four-digit number. Too many index pages like that will seem like "doorway" pages, which is something that can also hurt you.

And actually, it may be that the Big G has been viewing the index pages of all free sites as doorway pages for several years now. Then on those pages add a whole bunch of outbound links to sites which link right back to that same page and I think you can see how Uncle G won't think that's a good thing.

That's all for now...gotta get some food inside me.