View Single Post
Old 2014-02-20, 02:18 PM   #31
housekeeper
Oh! I haven't changed since high school and suddenly I am uncool

Send a message via ICQ to housekeeper
Right, I'm of the thinking you've described, with respect to the concept and approach firmly in place even before I register the domain. I've recently opened two new sites afresh, both using the wordpress platform. One is a solo t-girl fan / content presentation / blog, and I did that as a precursor to potentially opening a pay site further down the road. This particular queen asked about working with me and getting a site for herself, so this was my way of getting the ball rolling. It's fared very well out of the gate and largely because a/ she has visibility due to her existing shoots with leading companies, b/ she is smart enough to follow my leads with respect to promotion. When we started she had 5,000 twitter followers and quickly gained an additional 1,000 because of the site, I've told her the benchmark should be 10,000 by springtime. The traffic soared as soon as she started to promote the posts in her tweets, so the upshot is I'm up over hundred bucks or so in commissions and just getting started. The downside is it's not showing up anywhere on G, now I realize it takes some time, but I would like to think after a month page 4 might show some results.

My other newest site is a Mature (Cougar / Swinger / MILF) blog in a magazine style format with promotion towards scenes, sites, and specific performers. I'm new to promoting outside of Transsexual, so I'm going to put this category in a niche specific. It's only a couple weeks old, and not getting any traffic, reasons would be, haven't set up the social media accounts associated with it yet, and of course G ain't having it, and given it's infancy, I simply haven't put it out there yet.

I've always been mindful about keyword 'stuffing' and not doing it, but have always had success with alt="" tags and ranking for keyword primarily through outbound links and ping backs, etc. Now, my questions are towards set up like, a/ are custom permalinks ill advised? I'm actually using a combination of sponsor embeds and plugin short codes, and of course stock sponsor links, In most cases I always use short name links. I've also taken on more CCBill sponsors (I'm not so trusting of nats these days), so I'm not certain how G is viewing those, but guessing they dismissed that long ago.

So any thoughts with respect to any of that would be welcomed, as well as some of the approach others are taking.

Grazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon View Post
It's a war out there. The enemy is smart, aggressive, ruthless and well-funded. If we're to have any chance at all, we need to have at least three of the four on our side too.

Otherwise we can just for a miracle.

The revolution will not be televised

Last edited by housekeeper; 2014-02-20 at 02:23 PM..
housekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote