View Single Post
Old 2005-01-16, 12:25 AM   #16
MrYum
Arghhhh...submit yer sites ya ruddy swabs!

Send a message via ICQ to MrYum
Ugh...taxes...hate em...but I suppose it's a necessary evil

A word of caution to those that wait and pay taxes annually...or it that anally? lol...couldn't help it...old accountant joke!

Speaking of which...as an accountant in a previous life...

Under certain circumstances...like paying less than was due during the year...waiting til year end filing to 'catch up'. If you're doing this year after year...you 'may' end up facing stiff penalties This is why a lot of self employed folks pay quarterly estimated taxes as it reduces the possibility of getting caught by surprise at year end...AND keeps the tax man happy.

There are some great software programs out these days to do your taxes. I use the same program for both personal and corporate taxes...only takes a few hours to do both. And in the 10+ years I've been using the program, have never had any accuracy problems.

Also, if you sign up for automatic renewal...every year...new cds arrive in the mail near tax time. Ya pop the cd into the puter...gather your documents...and a few hours later...you're done! File electronically...if ya have a refund coming...a couple weeks later, it's deposited directly to your account. If you owe money...ouch...sorry...the tax man reaches out of your puter...grabs you by the neck...and SHAKES what he wants out of ya! lol

Anyway...with the software available these days...'most' folks can do their own taxes. With good software, It's actually a relatively simple step by step question and answer process
MrYum is offline   Reply With Quote