View Single Post
Old 2004-06-30, 02:01 PM   #27
xxxlaw
Aw, Dad, you've done a lot of great things, but you're a very old man, and old people are useless

Greenguy wrote me this morning inviting me to take a look at this thread, and seeing all of the confusion, I'm glad I did.

The posts suggest much confusion that can be at least partly relieved by looking at the existing regulations and the parallel provisions in the the new, proposed regs. No, they are not in effect now.

Many of the provisions getting the loudest response are essentially provisions that have always been there - I'm talking about the secondary producer requirements -expressly for video and magazines, and by necessary implication for the Internet.

There is an issue as to whether the secondary producerr requirements are valid. The only courts to condisder the question answered in the negative in the Sundance Case. But the issue cannot be said to be finally disposed of, and here the Justice Department is, reasserting the same provisions More information to follow in a publis.hed article (and even more to our retaining clients!)