View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 09:07 PM   #4
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

I have the aluminum one, though, at the time I bought it, the polycarbonate case macbook didn't have nearly the specs it has now. I don't use firewire.

My polycarbonate one developed cracks in the keyboard assembly which resulted in the machine reading the trackpad mousebutton as being in a perpetual click. Tapping it multiple times would release it. It almost lasted two years. Since my macbook is my primary machine, and the polycarbonate one didn't last two years, I felt that the aluminum case would hold up better for my use.

If I were making the decision today and didn't use the macbook as my primary machine, I would almost surely choose the white macbook over the aluminum one. I'm not a particularly trendy guy, so, aluminum or white makes no difference to me. However, if you are looking for something a bit more rugged, the aluminum one has held up very well for the first 5 months where there is no sign of wear. My white macbook already had a small crack in the case at the 5 month point.