View Single Post
Old 2016-06-07, 04:23 PM   #6
ecchi
Banned

Catching up work I should have done while visiting my father. Last time I visited my father we went to the county show and I saw (with my own eyes, mark you, with my own eyes) the best bull in the county! This time we went to see the local owl collection.

That is the kind of exciting world my father inhabits. No fucking 'phone signal in most areas, no proper radio signal in some parts, not even a decent TV signal (my father has to get television via satellite). But they do have an excellent selection of owls!

There is an old Goon Show joke:
Quote:
Neddie Seegoon: What a large number of visitors you have to the zoo today Mr Keeper.
Zoo Keeper: Well we have to let the people in - to give the animals something to look at.
That is very true with owls. As you pass by them they watch you as much as you watch them. I was hoping one would be in a circular flight (a "flight" is the correct term for a cage you keep an owl in - see I learnt something over the weekend). Because if they were in a circular flight, I could have walked all round it and seen if the owl did the "swivel head" thing to watch me.

They had a few owls out of cages sitting on perches with a notice saying that these owls like to be stroked and will react. One reacted alright - it tried to bite my bloody fingers off!

But back home now, no owls and plenty of work to catch up on!

(Remember: "The owls are not what they seem." - David Lynch.)

ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote