View Single Post
Old 2006-08-15, 04:43 PM   #14
ronnie
Wheither you think you can or you think you can't, Your right.

Send a message via ICQ to ronnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
yes, me too. I guess I'm just used to being able to instantly divert traffic when I build something new, like a hub. I just didn't really like the idea of linking to my blog from a freesite, so wanted to see what everyone else was doing.

I don't think I've exhausted all other methods of getting traffic to a blog, not by a long shot, but the 'rules' for blogs are so different than what I'm used to. I definitely think I need more hardlink trades, and to submit to more places, but I was also worried about how many hardlinks to add. Again, still in that freesite mode where I only put so many on a page. I guess I just have to get out of that fs/LL mode of thinking.

Obviously I'm still very much in the learning stage.
Ya it is hard, you know when you build a free site within a day or so you'll have good traffic and after doing it for a while you might have pretty good idea how much. Although I have some free sites that are quite old and still get traffic, it's not vast amounts, they sure drop off. I guess blogs are something you let mature. You do your best to SEO you posts and your sure to hit at least a few here and there. Most of mine get steady traffic, over time probably much more than a large number of free sites altogether.

You could always be picky on who you trade with, alexa can give you some idea if there's traffic on a site or blog.

ronnie
ronnie is offline   Reply With Quote