View Single Post
Old 2011-02-13, 02:53 PM   #6
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

Remember you're dealing with two different entities.

Your Visa Prepaid Account was handled by St. Kitts Bank. Those are the funds that people are reporting they were able to get after things were unfrozen. I was able to clear out all but $6.75 of my account using the ATM card, though I never really received that many payments through epassporte. I have a few clients that were able to use the Virtual Visa card to pay for hosting.

The Epassporte Wallet is handled by Christopher Mallick. If your money is stuck here - which means you're going to the epassporte.com site to submit documents, the story I've heard from numerous clients with cash tied up there is that they don't believe they'll ever see it.

One of the emails I was forwarded from a client that was having problems getting their money out of the Visa account when it got frozen in December:

Quote:
Dear SKNANB Visa Prepaid Cardholder,

Please be advised that effective January 12th, 2011 SKNANB will be closing the SKNANB Visa Prepaid program. SKNANB Visa Prepaid Cardholders will be able to use their prepaid cards up to this date only.

If you have a remaining balance, we highly recommend that you utilize such balances during the month of December 2010.

Those persons who do not use their funds by January 12th, 2011 will need to make arrangements with SKNANB to receive the funds remaining on your SKNANB Visa prepaid card(s) through another payment option offered to you by the Bank, at an additional cost.

Details regarding the alternative payment options along with associated costs may be obtained by emailing us at vcsupport@sknanb.com or by calling our call center between the hours of 9am and 4pm Atlantic Standard Time, Mondays to Fridays on +1.869-466-9733.

This closure does not affect any of our other card programs including the Visa debit card program, the MasterCard Dinero program, merchant processing etc.

All of us at SKNANB wish you and yours a very joyful Holiday Season.

Cardholder Services
I've heard that SKNANB will transfer the money in the Visa account to the other prepaid account types that they have for a $50-$75 fee (setup + physical card) and will arrange for wires. Depending on the balance you have, that might be an option.