View Single Post
Old 2004-07-31, 09:37 PM   #41
Monkey Spanker
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Send a message via ICQ to Monkey Spanker
I am too much of a small fry to get all flustered about it right now. If Cleo ain't worried then I damn sure ain't|rasta|

I notice on other boards and here as well where alot of non-US webmasters are looking for non-US hosts and are moving all of their stuff outside of America. Sounds intelligent at first if this will indeed all come to pass but a point was just brought up on another board so I thought I would ask it here also to see how the gang here responds to it.

What about .com, .net and .org? They are all governed by the US correct? So moving your host and all other facets outside of the country doesn't protect your domain if it falls into one of those categories correct? They may not be able to come and arrest you or check your records at your place of business but if you are not compliant they could possibly take your domain from you and shut it down.

If that is the case then it is not just US webmasters that need to worry because I do not know of any truly successful webmaster that doesn't have the bulk of their business on a .com, .net or .org

Any of the 2257 gurus have any comments on that?

ADULT NETWORK
Monkey Spanker is offline   Reply With Quote