View Single Post
Old 2013-11-03, 07:00 AM   #1
ecchi
Banned

Lightbulb Here is an interesting but sadly pointless thought on morality that just crossed my mind.

I was just typing an addenda to a blog post in which I talked about the sexual morality (or lack thereof) of the ancient Greeks, when this thought crossed my mind:

The Greeks used to be a perverted lot in ancient times. They exercised naked (The word Gym comes from Gymnos meaning "naked"). They displayed themselves naked (Gymnastics, again it's root in Gymnos, was invented as a way of artistically demonstrating the beauty and athleticism of the naked human body). They wrestled naked, and they were always up someone else's ass (probably a result of all this nudity).

And while fighting naked and buggering each other they invented; democracy, philosophy, science, civilisation (as we consider it today) and were dab hands at art.

Then some moron introduced them to moral turpitude, decent behaviour and modesty. And look at them today. A bankrupt country with no money, no jobs, and no hope for the future!

Maybe we can learn something from those Greeks.

(And maybe I should leave the thinking to people more qualified to the task than me.)
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote