View Single Post
Old 2012-11-17, 08:56 AM   #1
Cleo
Subversive filth of the hedonistic decadent West

Sleepy Bang, buzz, sizzle, boom, darkness. It's the second to last Saturday of 2012

Woken up a bit before sunrise by the sound of trees touching the power lines in my neighbor's yard and then all the UPSs in our house started beeping. Our power came back on after about 15 minutes but the lines are still arcing and burning the tree touching the line.

When the electric company came out last week to trim back the trees and put the power lines back up I tried tied to get them to trim more but naturally they didn't so now they are going to have to come out again.

Since I was already up...
Christy gave me a really nice bird feeder for my birthday last month and the birds have been loving it. The problem is the squirrels have been getting into it. I made a squirrel guard out of an old bucked but the squirrels chewed through it.

Saw some squirrel guards on the internet but they were almost $60 so today I took an old wok that we weren't using and cut a hole in the bottom of it, removed its handles and hung it upside down on the post holding the feeder.

Don't think the squirrels will eat through a steel wok.

Going to do some yard work and then go to the gym and that is about as far ahead as I can plan so far today.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg wok-squirrel-guard.jpg (146.0 KB, 172 views)
Cleo is offline   Reply With Quote