Old 2012-09-09, 01:08 PM   #6
cd34
a.k.a. Sparky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonz
That always sucks cd34, but hey, there are worse things in life
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCherry View Post
CD34, sorry to hear about your race. Maybe by the time another one comes around, you will be faster. I can't wait for fall and 8 months of bike riding weather.
Next month is the last in this series. I'll be a bit better prepared. I actually called USAC to see if they could renew my license that I let lapse in 1992 - would have been hilarious to have shown up with a member since 1984 racing license. But alas, their records only go back 10 years when they started to computerize. They said, if I could find my license, they would accept it and modify my license, but, I went through a phase when I moved and got rid of almost everything that reminded me of the past - photos, licenses, trophies, certificates, a picture of my car on a turn at Watkins Glen when I turned in a 106mph lap.

Based on the race's website, I didn't realize it was a USAC (USA cycling) event and should have thought about the $10 one-day registration/insurance waiver for that.

Oh well.

I'll be much better prepared for next month's as I know what I need to work on. I plateaued last month, but, recognizing it is half the battle.