View Single Post
Old 2012-09-06, 10:45 AM   #6
Simon
That which does not kill us, will try, try again.

Send a message via ICQ to Simon Send a message via AIM to Simon Send a message via Yahoo to Simon
Good morning world

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd34
Fedex tracking is odd.
The replacement for my Magic Mouse was sent FedEx and they've been showing a warning about Isaac since at least the 30th of last month and the remnants warning seems to have replaced that without a break.

Having no tracking data at first is what sometimes happens when (larger) shippers enter the airbill and package information directly into the FedEx system several hours before actually giving them the package. Same thing happened with my shipment and it wasn't until the evening of the day it shipped that tracking was available.

The odd part for me was that the tracking showed the package left Shenzhen, China for Hong Kong the day I spoke with my Apple rep, and from there it got to Anchorage, Alaska the next day. That was Friday of the holiday weekend so tracking showed it not moving for the next three days and the delivery date was supposed to be today, the 6th. But FedEx actually got it here first thing Tuesday morning, the 4th, which was a surprise as the website only that morning changed to say "in transit" from Alaska.

The other odd thing is that for warranty replacements Apple uses the original order number again, which meant that the order date showed as 09 Dec 2011. Which might explain why the FedEx girl apologized for taking so long to get it to me.

Wishing a good day to all...and may all your deliveries arrive early.