View Single Post
Old 2012-01-10, 06:19 AM   #9
fetishbank
Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand!

Send a message via ICQ to fetishbank
I'm going to say something that may even seem stupid... the number of sites is growing exponentially. All sites are doing SEO optimization to be on top of the search results, but as a matter of fact, only a few can be listed in top. So, it is just not possible to be in the top of the results for many keyword. At most you can get a good ranking for a few of them.

I'm not saying that SEO optimization is a waste of time, but I think we have to measure the time spent and the economic results achieved. For what concern my site, I do the basic optimization and I try to avoid the most common mistakes, for the rest I follow the Google suggestion: "just think about doing a good site". It sounds correct. If you've got the best site in the world you'll be ranked 1. If you're just one out of 10,000 same level competitors, you'll divide your space with other 10,000 sites...

May I also remind you that most of the thing we think to know about SEO are often just ingenuous suppositions ? Google algorithms are much more smart than we can think...

My point is: something CAN be done and HAS to be done, but do not expect miracles from SEO.