View Single Post
Old 2011-11-28, 09:48 AM   #13
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Care to give some specific details
When ePassporte died, I got sick of all the delays I had getting US funds from US banks to UK ones, so in a fit of childishness I wrote to most of them asking (although I worded it more politely than this) "Why are you so crap?" All but one replied to say it was not their fault, but the problem was that because US bank security was so poor, other countries made them jump through so many hoops to prove they were not being used to fund terrorist activity (some were more specific than saying "other countries", I had at least one "Europe" and one "UK").

ALSO: A few years back PayPal set up "PayPal Europe", which was based outside the US. They gave several reasons for this, one of which was that being based in the US made it harder for them to work in Europe because, as Americans, they were seen as "money laundering".

ALSO: There is this thing called "The Internet", take a look at it when you can find the time. Stick to sites you consider reliable and do a bit of research. I did that after I'd got a few replies from the US banks, because I didn't believe them. Turns out they were telling the truth, and most other people (I.E. everyone except me, back then, and you now) already knew this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Your past history speaks for itself with regard to being anti-US.
Actually over here I have a reputation for being too defencive of the US. There are two reasons you, and some other people have the opinion that I am anti US:

Firstly, I am never sycophantic to curry favour, if I think something is wrong with something I'll say it, and not worry if I offend an asshole. And when the thing I think there is something wrong with is the USA, there are plenty of assholes who will be offended, even if I am checkably right.

Secondly, when I do find myself in the company of the more paranoid American I used to take great pleasure in winding them up. I have not done that for many years, but in the past I have taken great delight in "proving" that all American men are worse lovers than British men; all American footballers are gay; and all American soldiers are cowards. However anyone taking such posts seriously has a real problem with reality. Unfortunately lots of people do have serious psychological problems in this area, and I am perversely amused by the number of death threats I have got from such posts!
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote