View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 08:22 PM   #2
faxxaff
I've always wondered if there was a god. And now I know there is -- and it's me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCherry View Post
I just tried to purchase some content from Scarlett Content, using my Payoneer card, and it told me I had my information incorrect, please re-enter. figuring it was tied to my home address, not my PO Box, I re-entered, then I got a "you tried too many times" and it wouldn't allow me to buy.

So I called CCBill, and because the card is issued in Great Britain, and my IP says the US, they would not allow the transaction. WTF?

So let me get this straight, if I were to travel, and try to buy something online with CCBill, because my IP didn't match the country who issued the card, I'd be declined.

When I tried to explain what Payoneer was, a way to pay 1,000's of webmasters money, he basically told me there was nothing they could do because it looked like a fraud transaction.

I told him I'd made all kinds of purchases with it at local stores, he said "online transactions are different." I told him I've purchased online with it too with no issues.

Geeze, no wonder sales suck.
CCbill is very strange at times. They will allow a California IP to purchase with a Florida billing address, but they get suspicious with foreigners.

My last purchase with them was also denied and I called. They said, I received a refund for a previous transaction and was therefore banned from purchasing with them again. Go figure. I asked for a refund months before that because a site's password did not work and they were unable to resolve the issue.
faxxaff is offline   Reply With Quote