View Single Post
Old 2010-06-09, 04:55 AM   #39
Mr Spock
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Sounds like you had a lucky escape Bill. Pointless subbing a blog with a nice root link to a bunch of directories where you get buried on domain.com/category/page1234567.html, no matter how much the initial burst of traffic.
Complete waste of time submitting to blog directories - think about it if you eventually get a 100 posts on your blog and thats not difficult - the directories end up with a 100 backlinks and all you gets is a crappy listing and and poor traffic.

You get better traffic to a blog if you submit it to some of the bigger LL and Tommys and Shemp both accept blogs now as well.

Regarding the issue of more LL folding , Is that such a bad thing? My take is that the less LL competing for surfers will result in more traffic from the bigger LLs.

Another reason why a lot of smaller LL are closing is that the owners are just assholes - nothing pisses me off more than getting a rejection e-mail from a minnow because my recip is for the wrong category. This instantly gets that LL assigned to the shitlist for 2 reasons ,

a) - because the wm is an asshole for being so picky
b) - because the wm is dumb fucktard , if you really believe that category recip linking is still beneficial to your LL , then you just don't have a clue about SEO in 2010 and its doubtful that you can send any traffic.

So I think its a good thing that some of the smaller LL are being removed from the scene. I checked my stats to one of my sponsors and noticed that hits from LL are more than hits from TGPs - and I don't submit as regularly as I should. Based on those numbers I still think its worth it to submit to LL.
Mr Spock is offline   Reply With Quote