View Single Post
Old 2010-05-21, 04:10 AM   #24
InfoGuy
I want to set the record straight - I thought the cop was a prostitute

Megan,

Welcome to GG&J.

I agree with AdultLabsPromo that expanding the AVN Show with more people doesn't necessarily make the venue better. IMO, the original Internext was a better format for online adult businesses to learn, network and conduct business.

I understand the need for AVN to fill rooms at the Diplomat to keep the venue exclusive, but broadening the base of attendees with those who aren't primarily in the online space isn't the right way to go. Rather than driving up badge fees year after year, AVN should take a cue from Affiliate Convention, where sponsored affiliates pay nothing to attend. Just ask your former colleague Chris Lebrun about it. With lower badge fees, you'll get a larger and more targeted audience. Your sponsors and the Diplomat would both be thrilled with the results.

In all likelihood, I'm skipping this year's AVN Show to hear about the event from those that attended. If the feedback is positive, I might be back for the 2011 show. If not, there are plenty of other adult webmaster shows to attend.