View Single Post
Old 2009-07-31, 05:39 AM   #11
ecchi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nate View Post
Last Temptation of Christ. Davinci Code was the one where his daughter did the nasty at least once and became the matriarch of european royalty.
Are you talking about the book or film? I've not seen the film (and I would guess that the plot was heavily edited for the film, if they included everything from the book, the film would be about ten hours long), but in the book the main point of the events are to do with his marriage not his offspring. The kid was just to give it a clever ending (although I am using the word clever in it's loosest possible sense).

Incidentally I mentioned Da Vinci Code simply because it was the thing I thought most people would know. The theory that he faked his Crucifixion then married Mary (the prostitute not his mother) and lived happily ever after has been around a lot longer. Well before "The Last Temptation" too, the theory goes back centuries. There is even a village in Japan whose tourist industry revolves around the local belief that this town is where Jesus and Mary lived out their lives.
ecchi is offline   Reply With Quote