View Single Post
Old 2009-06-24, 12:20 PM   #19
hashbury
My name is hashbury not assburry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allfetish View Post
This business is filled with scum (there are good people too, of course) and followers. I bet in 90% of cases where option B is chosen the real reason for it is basically "everyone else is doing it."

Add to this the fact that most affiliate managers don't really understand the industry well. At least not from our perspective. Instead many of them are just corporate "yes men" who often are following the demands of some idiot who pays them their secure monthly salary. They are mainly sales guys who's entire world revolves around creating the perception that they are doing the things which makes the boss happy. Sure there are many good affiliate managers out there, but sadly the above describes the typical situation very well.

Perhaps this is a bit harsh but I think many of you will agree with me in silence...

You are so right. I dont think this biz is filled with scum, just ignorance.
It seems most affiliate managers (not all) have never even been an affiliate before. What kind of sense does this make. A company is going to put someone in charge of their affiliates, who has no idea what it takes to be an affiliate.
But then, you also have the affiliate managers who have to do what the boss says, even if they know its a bad descision.