View Single Post
Old 2009-06-23, 06:09 AM   #15
domweb
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

First off...the frustration is not directed at you, Bill or Ramster. I am just amazed that I walked away from the industry over this issue a few years ago and when I return so many folks look at me like I grew a new head when I start asking questions about keeping legal and 2257 requirements. This stuff should be second nature by now.

I am flustered at the overall lack of knowledge of something so fundamental to keeping your ass out of jail.

I live in the USA. We have 5% of the world's total population. We have 25% percent of the world's prison population. We LOVE locking people up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramster View Post
Names and aliases have nothing to do with 2257.
I think the US government disagrees with you.

I quote the United States Department of Justice in the previously referenced 28 C.F.R. Part 75 SMALL BUSINESS COMPLIANCE GUIDE - Recordkeeping for Visual Depictions of Actual and Simulated Sexually Explicit Conduct.

Third Paragraph:

"Summary of Part 75’s Requirements Part 75 requires that, prior to producing a visual depiction of actual or simulated sexually explicit conduct, a primary producer must examine a government-issued picture identification card belonging to each performer in the visual depiction that demonstrates that the performer is 18 years old or older. The primary producer must then record the legal name, any aliases, and the date of birth of the performer, record the date of production of the depiction, and make a copy of the picture identification card. Once production is complete, a copy of the visual depiction must be maintained along with these records. All information on a performer may be redacted other than the name, date of birth, and information that identifies the type and validity of the picture identification card (e.g., drivers license or passport number). All of the primary producer’s records for all its visual depictions must also be cross-referenced by name and alias of the performers. If a secondary producer produces a copy of the visual depiction, the secondary producer must obtain from the primary producer the records associated with that depiction."

Screw it. I am going to make a coffee and a toke. We Shall Overcome.

P.S. The frustration about the ID size thing was unintended bleed over from discussions I was having with Content Providers. That was mis-posted. Sorry Ramster.

Last edited by domweb; 2009-06-23 at 06:12 AM..
domweb is offline   Reply With Quote