View Single Post
Old 2009-02-23, 01:38 PM   #23
Mr Exotic
rifuckingdiculous

Send a message via ICQ to Mr Exotic Send a message via AIM to Mr Exotic
Havent been able to stop around too too often, I've tried to stop by and read whats going on at least once or twice a week, but with the new baby and my new online stuff I have going on time has become very limited.

I finally got myself a new computer. The old one is still running like a champ, but after almost 6 years I needed an upgrade, haha. Spent alot of time today trying to get some of my old favorite programs running on Vista. One of my favorite graphics programs that is 12 years old wouldnt run, kept getting an error of not enough memory, which had me stumped. Come to find out it wouldnt recognize RAM of more than 512mb (new machine has 3GB), so I found a patch to fix that.

The new machine is nothing fancy, its a cheapie Emachines, but my first computer was an emachines and lasted lasted 4 years and it was still working 100% but was just too outdated (actually got that when I still lived at mom and dad's house and was 18, haha). My second computer was an Emachines (my last computer) that I used for almost 6 years and like I said is still working great and still is going to get plenty of use, but like the last one was outdated. Didnt know this until I started researching new computers last week, but Emachines are just Gateways without all the extra software (well pretty much anyways). I guess since all I know is 6 years old, I'm pretty easy to be amazed, hahaha. New machine, 18 inch LCD monitor, and a sweet hp printer/scanner all for 740$ at Best Buy I thought was a killer deal. But again, I'm easy to impress since the last time I got a new system was 6 years ago. Even got myself a new desk, haha. So I'm just enjoying my first full work day with my new office set up