View Single Post
Old 2009-02-05, 09:12 AM   #8
Useless
Certified Nice Person

Send a message via ICQ to Useless
Looks like one of those "don't put your tongue on metal poles" type of days. Brrrrr...

Yesterday's appointment at the college was both good and horribly overwhelming. The coordinator and I established a wonderful rapport and it would seem that she really wants me in the program, however, I'm missing a ton of general education and core courses which they consider requirements. I'm coming in with more credit hours than required, but many of them aren't the courses they would have preferred. So if I go forward instead of wallowing in self-pity, I will have to SOMEHOW take 13 other courses while studying full time and student teaching in the B.S. program. So I have to accept the fact that 3 full semesters of past work was a waste of my time and your taxpayer dollars. (GI Bill, Pell Grants, etc.) She told me to write two emails: one begging the dean to allow a worthless, ignorant fuck like me into the program and convince him that I'll magically be able to go full time to a local community college to meet the prerequisites that I currently lack while going full time to work on their B.S., and a second email explaining that a previous institution granted me 16 credit hours of foreign language study and how that is MORE THAN the 6 credit hours which they require.

So, I can either attempt to do both at the same time (note the lack of confidence) or delay the B.S. program a full year so that I can take more, mostly pointless, first and second year courses while attempting to forget that I'm a 38 year-old man who has wasted too many years of his life already and really just wants to get on with it.

Self-pity, here I come.

Thank you for reading my blog. If anyone has any other excellent career options for me, go ahead and shoot them my way, and don't be afraid to rub in what a monstrous failure I am.

Last edited by Useless; 2009-02-05 at 09:15 AM..
Useless is offline   Reply With Quote