View Single Post
Old 2008-12-20, 11:02 PM   #2
Pagan
Perverted Empress

Being free site builder and now a new LL owner, I will have to say be firm.. be fair.. set your standards and hold to them, proudly. I do know your site and sub there whenever possible. You follow most of the rules of the others, your site is clean, and it is a pleasure to visit. Don't allow the unwashed masses to destroy what you have worked so hard building. Don't allow your name to be one of those, "I will take anything" lists unless that is really what you wish to be.

I have been very lucky in that the same crowd that has been working with me on my site building skills have also been my first submitters. I state right out front that I respect the current LOR standards, and I do have the right to refuse a site for any reason at all. If I got sites like the ones you describe, I would have no problem rejecting them firmly. Keep it up, and I can ban, blacklist, or otherwise bury yer bones.

If you don't try to teach the noobs what you expect, they will try to send that same crap over to LOR or Tommy's or other LLs and then never understand why you don't accept their sites. If they don't care to learn, we do have places for them. Just don't relax your rules on their part! If they can't build a site that respects your standards, do you really want to reward them by encouraging them with your traffic?