View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 03:01 PM   #71
LD
wtfwjd?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Useless Warrior View Post

Also, amongst the list of things trusted submitters are allowed to do that normal submitters are not, what are you excited about? Inquiring minds want to know.
I tend to think being able to use webmaster tools like flash and iframes will help overall sales. I think people are used to seeing them and without them sites look a little bare and surfers will click away to find something more exciting...this should help retain surfers longer. I read somewhere the longer a surfer stays on your site the more likely they are to whip out the credit card, and flash video clips will keep people on my site a little longer, i think.

I'm hoping the 4 ads per page will lead to more sales, too. I have to be careful with that one though as I have a tendency to build banner farms...I'm thinking I will probably try to use smaller button ads, and little text links, probably shit I should already be doing, but now I will be almost forced to do it if i'm gonna get 4 ads on a page.

The biggest thing for me though, is hosted galleries. Many (not all) sponsors have killer galleries, professionally designed and far better than anything I could come up with, plus it cuts building time in half or more. Greater quantity AND better quality...a win win, not mention the whole 2257 thing...and bandwidth...and...you get the picture.

Oh yeah, while excited isn't the right word, I am somewhat intrigued by...dare I say this...auto-submitting.

Last edited by LD; 2008-08-04 at 03:05 PM..
LD is offline   Reply With Quote