Thread: Let's talk UCJ
View Single Post
Old 2003-09-05, 02:41 AM   #8
Jason
A woman is like beer. They look good, they smell good, and you'd step over your own mother just to get one!

Send a message via ICQ to Jason
UCJ is a wicked script, no denying it but Rictor is 100% right. Your trades will only be as successful as your ability to "figure it out". And let me just say, it's no party. Right when you think you "have it" your site goes down 25%. Frustrating as hell.

I would suggest checking out http://madthumbs.com/madcj/ if your just getting started. It is absolutely top notch and Mike from MadThumbs.com is one of (if not THEE) most successful TGP owners out there. The free version skims .09% and you can pay for a no skimming version.

I would like to add comment to DangerDave's entry to the thread. While it's all nice and dandy to have everything organized, 80% of the people that come here don't visit the other categories on this site (just a guess really). Posting something in one of the other forums cuts your market down to very little.

1. because there aren't a TON of posters on this board as it is
2. because a fraction of all the visitors to this BBS go to the sub-categories
3. then your betting on a fraction of that fraction to respond

While many of us are here because we don't care for the riff raff on GFY, you have to admit. Their 3 category simple approach to a BBS is incredibly successful.

There are days when I will check all 3 forums on GFY (though still a fraction of the times that I'll just check main). The only way I would check all categories on this board is if I lost a bet (no offense intended).
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote