View Single Post
Old 2007-11-30, 06:08 PM   #1
Torn Rose
"Faith is believing what you know ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

Question Suggestions for a batch rename program?

I need a batch rename program that can order images by the time they was taken, (NOT the time they was downloaded) regardless of the camera, and then batch rename them in said order.

A friend recommended that I use ACDSee and that was a waste of time and money and the support staff was so worthless I just got a refund from them.

We used a Nikon D70s and a Olympus Stylus 740 and both cameras are synchronized time wise, but in ACDSee they not only listed under the wrong times, they also listed the wrong dates, the times and dates shown in ACDSee wasn’t even close to the correct dates that the pics were taken, so I wrote ACDSee telling them of this issue, and all the options I tried to use to correct this issue and I got a copy/paste of their FAQ that I had already read and found worthless, (Proof that the support tech never read my email, cause if he did, he would have known the FAQ didn’t answer the question) I wrote at least 4 more emails and got zero response until today when I demanded a refund after 3+ weeks of trying to get help.

What I have been doing is order the pics by time taken in “windows explorer” batch rename them there which would then list the first pic last, so I would then rename that pic and then use ACDSee to batch rename them the way I wanted them named, so I was doing more work then I needed to.

Thanks.
Torn Rose is offline   Reply With Quote