View Single Post
Old 2007-09-09, 01:33 AM   #39
Lisa
I'm going to the backseat of my car with the woman I love, and I won't be back for TEN MINUTES

Send a message via ICQ to Lisa
My assumption may be wrong, but it's based on many years experience with this exact issue. Call it learned behaviour, if you will.

If this is not fraud on the part of the webmaster it would be the VERY FIRST TIME that it is not the case.

And as I have repeated ad nauseum, if that is not the case, I will apologise, but I was not prepared to put our processing at risk by allowing those memberships to be charged back.

I've asked Paycom to investigate as they are the ones who processed the transactions. I haven't asked Sheepguy to prove anything at all.

If someone wanted to just try out some stolen credit cards they could have done it on the site without a referrer code...the use of a referrer code immediately places the suspicion, rightly or wrongly, on the webmaster, because they are the one who stands to gain.

The transactions are clearly fraudulent, no question there. The fact that they were all done by one specific reseller connects them to him immediately, far more definitively that any IP or free email address does.
Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote