View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 06:08 AM   #9
Halfdeck
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to Halfdeck
Next time you can shoot me a PM; that way, you can keep your keywords private.

Your site still ranks for all those keywords but at 100+ positions and your home page doesn't rank at all for them.

Google is basically returning the second best result from your site for all three searches instead of the best result (the home page, in all three cases).

For example, hoe_profiles/sarah/black_hoe_sarah.htm ranks for "black hoes." If you do a site:domain keyword search, you'll see that url is the second best result.

Is Google suppressing your home page from ranking? Who knows.

A search for most of the words from the title tag of your home page: "round brown hoes ebony babes with big black booty" should return your home page relatively high in the result, but it doesn't.

Your home page still ranks first for the keywords in the domain name, "round brown hoes."

I see a few minor problems (e.g. no www/non-www redirect installed) but nothing major that would warrant a penalty.

I think just wait a week or two to see if the home page at least pops up in search results for those keywords; if not, like I said, you might want to run a few link trades targeting those specific keywords and see what happens.

Of course, link trades can both help and harm a site. I'd ask a link trade partner to do more than just add a link to your site in his/her page footer (e.g. write a short paragraph and embed your link inside it). I'd also avoid offering links on roundbrownhoes.com (like I said, offer links from pages on your other domains; for example, a link from within a blog post would look the most natural to Google. If a post is more than 3 months old and has decent TBPR, I'm sure someone will accept links from that page; besides, the anchor text from pages like that, even with TBPR 0 can be more powerful than links in the footer on a TBPR 7 page, as long as the page isn't supplemental).

Quote:
An off-topic thought: one reason why I think third-party blogs like blogspot and thumblogger blogs can rank well is because Google has a hard time figuring out the blog's owner. Both thumblogger's IP and whois has no ties with your other domains, so even if you crosslink them to death, Google doesn't have enough info to say you're crosslinking. If you use thumblogger as either a destination or the origin of a ABC reciprocal link exchange, Google can't complete the triangle because the linking isn't reciprocal; it's technically one way (you don't own your thumblogger blog, as far as Google is concerned). Of course Google might be able to take a guess based on circumstantial evidence, but with a big enough/varied link profile, I think its impossible for Google to draw a solid conclusion.
If the home page is penalized, I'm not sure there's anything you can do about it, since you need to submit a reinclusion request, which means you'd have to do some major overhauls to the page, including removing footer links, reducing crosslinks to and from your other domains, making the page look more "mainstream" to Google reviewers (e.g. adding links to 2257, Privacy Policy, etc), reducing aff links to make the site look less like a thin affiliate site, etc, which is alot of leg work and may leave you with negative side-effects without guaranteed payoff.

Last edited by Halfdeck; 2007-08-19 at 06:12 AM..
Halfdeck is offline   Reply With Quote