Thread: Food Allergies
View Single Post
Old 2007-01-31, 01:01 AM   #8
RedCherry
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Send a message via ICQ to RedCherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYum View Post
Some of the stuff I read online about this are downright scary. Her doc gave her a self dose of adrenalin for emergency situations. If she feels her throat closing up due to anaphylaxis, she's to jab this thing into the outside of her thigh and immediately get to an ER.
I've been told if I have sulfa drugs orally again, I'd probably die. So I stay away from them. The whole throat closing thing really scares me. The first time I ate them the inside of my mouth, and the side of my tongue kinda broke out. 2nd time, same thing, only a bit worse, and it lasted longer. 3rd time...worse and the breathing scared me. I dropped benydril right away. With me, I don't know if my asthma was kicking in due to scaring me, or if I actually was heading towards anaphylaxis, but I don't want to find out. I'm real careful now if I get any kind of "mixed" veggies, to make sure there are no green beans. I mean, I've heard of nut allergies, but not bloody green beans.

I just hope she gets better soon, and it isn't not allergies. I worked with a girl that had nut allergies, and she couldn't touch anything that contain nuts even to her lip's without her lips swelling up. She didn't even have to keep the thing with the nuts. Just touch it to some part of her town or lips and shoot have a reaction and end up in the ER.

Good luck with the allergy testing. And sorry to hear that your girlfriend is having so many problems.
RedCherry is offline   Reply With Quote