View Single Post
Old 2007-01-12, 03:39 AM   #14
virgohippy
Madness is like gravity. All it takes is a little... push.

Sounds like you know what's at stake. Blessings, man.

You gotta paypal account? I'm only a poor hippie, but I think I can chip in a few. Maybe if enough hippies get comunal n schtuff, it'll help.

My long term Rx: oatmeal (old fashioned rolled oats cooked stovetop) in the mornings, a little fish, and flax seed.

Tip: make oatmeal with a good amount of (soy) milk, a pinch of salt, and a few table spoons of brown sugar. Mix in the flax seed before you cook it stove top style and you won't even know it's there. Flax and oats aren't supposed to be punishment afterall.

Rice is also good to eat with high cholesterol foods - it's one of the best absorbers of ingested cholesterol.

Don't doubt the power of omega fatty acids. A friend of mine dropped 30 points only taking omega infused fish oil capsules with breakfast.

Exercise is boring. If you can find one thing you can do at least 10 minutes every day that's fun - like taking a walk or wrestling with angry lesbians - you'll be doing quite a lot. The important part is fun - give yourself motivation that'll actually motivate.

Nicotine's killer... hippie's lost his fair share to the devil's weed. Don't... just don't...

One more thing: take an art class... painting, martial arts, metal sculpture, hacking at tree stumps with a chainsaw, anything! Whatever you do, don't take it seriously. Have fun with it. Don't ask me why, just do it. If you do, you won't need me to explain why, you'll have figured it out by the time you're done.