Thread: Blacklisting
View Single Post
Old 2006-05-09, 02:23 PM   #21
juggernaut

Location: Central Jersey! If I was rich and powerful I would dress as my avatar does.
Send a message via Yahoo to juggernaut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby
His host would need to turn that info over to authorities who could THEN get the information from RoadRunner. RR is not going to give it to anyone else.
Im my opinon you would be better off moving on. Just start over unless you have some $$ around in order to fight this. Problem here is the ISP is not going to give you anything, you have to contact the authorities where the crime look place and press charges. At which time you need to show your proof. After that, the authorites will most likly mess things up. You need to supena the ISP to provide the info. It's a privacy issue. And the supena has to be very very detailed as to what info you want, what time you want it from and who is to give it to you. You just cant send them a supena saying you want all recorded dates blah blah. You can't blanket it. The supena has to be addressed to the person who will be getting you those records. You just cant address it to "owner of company X" you have to know who the COR is and thats who gets it. Then after all this is complete, you need to show damages to you. Which is a whole other mess. Unless you are running this like a tight business you are going to lose so much durring this process. IN the end you may feel happy you done something, but what will you really have? A shit load of work for most likly a slap on someones wrist.
If you really are black listed then I don't know what to tell you. I like to think that no one is ever 100% not guilty when it comes to stuff like this. You always hear how someone was hacked or my budy did this. Or I did not know you meant I could not submit this or that. There is always some excuse. But somewhere down the line you pissed off someone, you can call it your competition or whomever but something happened at sometime that started all this. I can't help but think it was two people playing around, calling each other names and one got pissed off more then the other and things got way out of hand.

Last edited by juggernaut; 2006-05-09 at 02:27 PM..
juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote