Thread: Building a PC
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-26, 04:11 PM   #19
Mr. Blue
Searching for Jimmy Hoffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by majick
OK, my 2 pennies....
1. Get the AMD dual core....perfect for what you need. Cheaper than Pentium, performs better, and AMD hasn't had heat problems since the original Athlons.
2. Asus motherboard have always worked great for me with AMD processors. Check out the Asus A8N-SLi.

I regularly run CAD programs as well as the usual webmaster stuff (dreamweaver, photoshop, videowave, etc.) and all the common programs like office and whatnoton my AMD machine at home. Never had an issue that was specific to AMD processors.

Yeah, listen to this post...I haven't had a heat issue with any of the AMD's I use. I leave my comp on 24/7 and have so for the last year and it's never shutdown because of heat issues...including when my AC went out during the hottest part of summer. This office was at around 99 degrees and I still left my comp running 24/7 without incident.

Asus Mobo's are my favorite as well. I've never had issues running any of the normal webmaster applications (dreamweaver, photoshop, imageready, some video encoding software, etc)...asus and amd is a really good combo.
ICQ #223487665
Mr. Blue is offline   Reply With Quote