Thread: Building a PC
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-25, 10:04 PM   #8
th3g4me
Trying is the first step towards failure

I believe it is all ways better to build your own PC. I just built a new one for my self... Costed less than $800. I am poor though nothing fancy for me. I can't imagine what I would be doing to need something better though.

I have never spent more than 2 hours building a PC. I have been doing it from the 8th grade through college though. Takes no less than 30 min to slap it together if you know what your doing. No real problems to worry about either as long as there is no static, and you get the processor in correctly.

I think the pentium would work best for what you need. You can order the processor and the motherboard together. So there are no worries about trying to match them.

If it is your first time building to save some trouble you might wana buy a nice barebone kit and add the stuff in as you need it. Something like ASUS, Abit, or Intel.

If I had the money to build a new machine I would get something like...

Pentium D 840
2GB DDR2 SDRAM
300GB - 500GB Hard Drive 7200RPM
Duel 256MB Nvidia GeForce 7800 GTX

I buy most of my stuff here... http://www.tigerdirect.com/

I wouldent worry about the wires on motherboard / case. They are just labeled like HDD LED +,HDD LED -, SYS LED +, SYS LED -, but they are all color coded.

Make sure you buy a few extra fans.