Thread: Building a PC
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-25, 07:18 PM   #6
DJilla
You can now put whatever you want in this space :)

Send a message via ICQ to DJilla
Quote:
Originally Posted by biftek
building a computer 24hrs , geez what have you been smoking , documentation who the hell needs documentation , nothing complex about building a pc , shit maybe at the start of your career you needed an electrical degree building them , but today you can train monkeys to build a pc
Mmmm, OK let me check, what am I smoking? HOLY COW! How did that get there?

Obviously you have experience and know what you're doing. Most of the PC's that I've done have basically snapped together too, no problem. But, there is always that one in X and you know what I'm talking about. I was just suggesting caution. Depending on how generic you get, I've known people to futz over just trying to put the motherboard properly in the case, trying to smash in simms backwards, bending and breaking/shorting CPU pins, puzzling over video cache settings/conflicts, trying to just swap the old drive and use it with a new controller. Without a doubt this is much easier than it used to be. I'm just saying don't count on it being a snap if you need that PC up and running the next day. I'm also saying that IT IS a great project, fun to do, and worthwhile.
DJilla is offline   Reply With Quote