Thread: Building a PC
View Single Post
Old 2005-11-25, 06:45 PM   #5
biftek
If something goes wrong at the plant, blame the guy who can't speak English

building a computer 24hrs , geez what have you been smoking , documentation who the hell needs documentation , nothing complex about building a pc , shit maybe at the start of your career you needed an electrical degree building them , but today you can train monkeys to build a pc

whacking the componets in the case , 30mins tops ,as long as you know how to match up plug/cable sizes your right (square peg goes in square hole)

forget about jumper adjustments,only time you really need to touch pins/dipswitches is when you are overclocking , again what have you been smoking , normally there is only 2 pins you need to worry , the cmos jumper pin (to go back to default settings ) and also the a pin to turn raid into normal pci , oh and i fogot about the pins on drives (hdd,cd/r) but man that is only one pin on each that you need to worry about , and even then the pin configs are on a stick on top of the drive (master,slave,cable select)

so yeah i'll be going with building a pc in less then 4hrs that is including smoke and coffee breaks

commercial pc's (dell,hp,compaq) i wouldn't touch ,waste of money , tech support is normally stuffed and having to deal with indians that have strong accents , screw that ,
biftek is offline   Reply With Quote