PDA

View Full Version : meta tag question

JenC
2003-11-11, 07:15 PM
I always wondered the official way to do this. I know in the keywords you separate them with commas, but what if your keywords includes more than one word?

For example do you do this: big, tits,

or this: big tits,

What is the official way to do it?

Surfn
2003-11-11, 07:55 PM
There is a little variation from SE to SE, but generally ...big,tits,big tits,...works best plus a typo or threee :D

Dr Bizzaro
2003-11-11, 09:38 PM
I would have to see these, so called big tits, to comment professionally.

Cleo
2003-11-11, 09:46 PM
tits,boobs,huge boobs,little boobs,nipples,Dr Bizzaro's hairy nipples,fake tits,real tits,breasts

JenC
2003-11-12, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by Dr Bizzaro
I would have to see these, so called big tits, to comment professionally.

|jester|

Thanks for the help all.

Linkster
2003-11-12, 07:54 AM
Answer to the space versus comma question - if you go to W3.org to check their specs you will find that there is no "legal" way to do it - however I think you will find that the example they show has commas - of course the main thing to make sure of is if you put it in the keywords, make sure it shows up in the text of the page

AussieWebmaster
2003-11-12, 10:30 PM
Commas work best across the various spiders and has become something of a standard, so that would be the best way to go. The spiders actually see the commas as word breakers.

In urls the standard and only real way to go is with dashes. Underscores are seen as a character and rolls the words together. If you sue dashes your page will get better placement. And yes name the pages to get an added bump in search engine results, but don't go crazy - one keyword phrase a page.

Title should also be separated by dashes and you start with the most important and work out... ususally 3 keyword phrases is best.